St Mary’s Church is running a fundraiser Zoom Quiz to support the work of their Families Worker, Jo Jeffery. Jo’s work impacts many in the village and includes activities such as:
- helping with the Toddler Group,
- running the Larder providing food parcels to families impacted by the pandemic, &
- running RE lessons, prayer spaces and wellbeing courses for Heathlands.
You don’t have to have a full house to join in, if you are alone there will be a chance to ‘buddy up’ with a partner online.
To ensure you are able to join in just email Liz Dixon and she will send you the link. There is a suggested donation of £10 per household, details of how to donate will be given on the night.
This Zoom quiz will start at 8 pm on Saturday 20th February.
In Other News
- Have you enjoyed the brilliant parody of the Leonard Cohen classic Hallelujah by the Marsh family:
- If you fancy a new sport – why not try Bowls, suitable for all ages.
- Are you involved with a club or organisation trying to find ways of operating during COVID? Well you can apply for grants of up to £500 via EALC.
- With snow & ice causing issues for rubbish collection, Colchester Council advise that if your rubbish & recycling collection hasn’t been made before 5:30 pm on Friday to take it back in and put recycling out again on the next blue week (26th February).
We will soon be posting some new webpages providing details of:
- Walks around West Bergholt to understand some of its history;
- Self-guided Colne Valley walks through:
- Chappel, Wakes Colne, Fordham and Aldham,
- Eight Ash Green, Fordham & West Bergholt, and
- In the Hedinghams & Great Yeldham.
Keep your eyes open, on Facebook, we will post there as they are published.