Colchester BC is launching a Winter Resilience programme to see us through winter with COVID. The intention is to ensure all residents are prepared and/or have access to support when they need it.
This year they are going mobile and will be out and about in the community, so look out for the Community360 minibus in your area. Soon they’ll be dropping off packs to people at home or you can come along to collect your free winter pack (if assessed as eligible), whilst accessing support and advice from staff and volunteers. At the same time, they’ll be sharing packs with local groups to distribute and serve as pick-up points. Enquire with us and we’ll let you know about your nearest pick-up point.
The project supports the aims of Livewell, a campaign that helps support residents to improve their physical and mental wellbeing. As a result, they’ll be facilitating physical activity groups, such as walking and sharing items to help people and families of different ages to stay well.
What Help Will They Provide?
- Advice and support pop-ups,
- Free winter packs for vulnerable people,
- Details of befriending groups to reduce loneliness and isolation,
- Information about:
- volunteers, and
- local services
- … offering extra support, advice, and provisions to anyone who is in need or isolated.
What Support Can They Offer
- Food delivery service for store cupboard items,
- Prescription pick-up service,
- Telephone befriending,
- Community Transport,
- Walking groups,
- Online meet-ups.
So we know what they will be doing, on the other hand, what can you do?
- Donate warm clothing, especially coats.
- Find out about volunteering opportunities at volunteeressex.org.
- Visit a friend, relative, or neighbour who might be at risk during winter
If you visit Community360’s social media accounts you will see that we are entering Self Care Week. It is an annual national awareness week that focuses on embedding support for self-care across communities, families, and generations.
Every day this week Comunity360 will be posting a new idea around self-care; feel free to follow their tips or follow your own instinct on something to do. Feel free to send your thoughts and pictures to them at [email protected].