There are three sections to this page, jump to the one you want to see:
There are three main bus operators serving West Bergholt operating 6 transport services between them as follows:
|Hedingham Omnibuses Ltd||17||West Bergholt – Colchester – Stanway||School service.|
|First Essex||66||Old Heath – Town Centre – North Station – West Bergholt||Regular services 7 days a week from early until late.|
|66A||(West Bergholt) – North Station – Town Centre – Oldheath – Rowhedge||Alternates services with 66.|
|New 66 from 27/08/2017||West Bergholt – Braiswick – North Station – Town Centre – Old Heath Post Office – Rowhedge||Regular services M – S from early until late, reduced service Sundays & Public Holidays.|
|67B||West Bergholt – Blackheath – West Mersea||Monday – Saturday last bus only, more frequent on Sundays.|
|Colchester Town Centre – West Bergholt – Sudbury||Approx. hourly services Monday – Saturday only.|
To get more up to date information, or to access a fuller timetable, simply enter the Bus number or ‘West Bergholt’ in the web page below or access it directly here:
The following map is sourced from Elgin and is highly customisable. Although it is set at West Bergholt as a starting point, being based on Google Maps, you can expand or contract the map easily and move to other areas you are likely to be travelling in now, or in the near future.
You can also check to see if your journey is likely to be affected by roadworks (including all major works such as gas, electric, water, sewage & telecommunications), traffic congestion (tick the traffic congestion box from the map layers icon at the top left) or other events such as diversion routes or large scale events.
The default is also set at the next two weeks but you can choose ‘Today’, the ‘Next 3 months’ or ‘Next 12 months’ as well. The widget this is based on should remember your preferences between sessions as long as you allow cookies to be stored on your device. To find out more about how to configure this useful widget visit the support webpage.
If the map does not appear below or appears to be unresponsive, you can use this link to access similar information for major routes.
Recent Transport News
To read the whole article please click on the heading…
- Highway Code changes on 29th January! - Road priorities in the Highway Code change on 29th January The Highway Code has eight new rules and major updates to 49 existing ones with effect from 29th January 2022. The biggest single change, and one well worth getting on… …
- Free Cycle training, Police & Other Updates - Free Cycle Training Through Safer Essex Roads Partnership, ECC is offering free cycle training until the end of March 2022. They have courses available for Children, Adults (beginners to advanced) and even families. Sessions are led by qualified instructors and… …
- e-Scooters Coming to Colchester (& other news) - e-Scooters, Befriending, Wellbeing, Fitness & Chitts Hill e-Scooters will kick off this update but we also have updates on: A rather brilliant parody of the Leonard Cohen classic Hallelujah, Sport Works: supporting physical health & mental wellbeing, update on 2020… …
- Environment & Highways – 10th September 2020 - Environment & Highways - 10th September 2020 The Environment & Highways Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met via Zoom on 10th September 2020 and discussed: Village Ponds, Playground access, Strategic environmental planning, School buses in Lexden Road, New hedging… …
- Autumn Clean & an Important Day - Autumn Clean & an Important Day This article actually addresses 4 topics and Autumn Clean isn't the most important day although it is quite so. We cover: The National Autumn Clean since Spring Clean was cancelled; Community Policing Updates; Colchester… …
- Day 107 since Lockdown – the ‘Free Bus Travel’ edition - Day 107 since Lockdown On day 107 we see Essex opening a free bus travel scheme. In other news we have: NHS Cadets scheme launched by local Chief Nurse, Essex Wellbeing Service to become a fixture, Holiday Scams: Caravan Staycations,… …
- Day 59 of (is it?) Lockdown – the eCargo edition - Day 59 of (is it?) Lockdown Day 59 sees updates from CBC, ECC & HMG: Antisocial behaviour leads to the early closures of St John's Car Park, eCargo bikes & trailers will soon be on Colchester's street, Closures of Ipswich… …
- Day 51 of Lockdown – the Monty Python edition - Day 51 and Monty Python Monty Python kicks us off on day 51. I'm afraid this video reminded me a little of some of the daily briefings we are getting. Today sees the first day of softening in England,… …
- Day 13 of Lockdown – The “On The Buses” Edition - Day 13 of Lockdown On day 13 the most significant news is of changed bus timetables (see links below). If you were wondering about day 12, it happened, you didn't miss it, it just seemed the same as the day… …
- Day 4 of Lockdown – the Where’s Waldo Edition - Day 4 of Lockdown Day 4 and not as much new news although it is almost a daily ritual now to hear about recycling. Other snippets are: The Essex Welfare Service, Essex Resilience Forum, Bus services. Recycling (or not) A… …
- Keeping Up To Date on COVID-19 - Keeping Up To Date on COVID-19 If you want to keep up to date on COVID-19 with a local slant then it is worth tracking Essex County Council's information page. ECC update this daily with news specific to Essex but… …
- First Bus App – Save Waiting In The Cold - First Bus App Did you know that the First Bus App can help check if your bus is on time or delayed? First Bus provides the 66 bus service to the village which runs from Rowhedge/Old Heath via ColchesterTown Centre. Winter… …
- Chitts Hill Closed To Replace Gas Mains - Chitts Hill Closed To Replace Gas Mains Cadent is about to replace old iron gas mains with more durable plastic pipes to ensure safe and reliable gas supplies to local businesses and residents. These works will take place between 22nd… …
- Parking & Roads on Fete Day - Parking & Roads on Fete Day Let's start with parking. The only parking allowed in the Orpen Hall car park during the fete itself is for the disabled; this must be pre-booked with the Parish Clerk. Stallholders will be allowed… …
- Even More Bus News – Consultation - Even More Bus News Yes, there is even more bus news after the story of the new bus shelter. Essex County Council (ECC) has recently advised us of a consultation on the use of Concessionary Passes on ECC run Park… …
To view all Public Transport News please visit the news feed as follows:- https://westbergholt.org/topic/news/transport/.