It is with regret, although this will probably come as no great surprise to you, that this year’s village Fete on July 18th has been cancelled. The 5 mile run around the village and the youth football competition are also cancelled.
The decision has been a hard one to take but as lockdown continues and July gets ever closer there really is no other option at this time.
However, this will give us even longer time to plan the next Fete, so see you all in January 2021 if you’d like to help plan the 2021 Fete spectacular!
Now an annual event, the Village Fete was re-established with some trepidation as to whether it would succeed in 2017. We now know that it not only succeeds each year but has become something of a village institution. Its core aim is to provide an affordable, fun family day out for the residents of West Bergholt. At the same time, it also helps raise much-needed funds and gain new members for the myriad of voluntary organisations which we are so lucky to have in this village.
The Fete comprises a number of elements including:
In the Orpen and John Lampon Halls, with exhibitions of flowers, fruit, vegetables, baking, children’s competitions and arts & crafts.
- Think you can bake the perfect Victoria Sponge?
- Are your runner beans the longest?
- Do you have a talent as an amateur photographer or artist?
Release your inner Mary Berry or Monty Don! Details of all entry categories are available here. Entry form & full details below.
Time to start perfecting your scones or growing those prize tomatoes! If you want to check out previous winners then visit this page.
Stalls & Pitches
For local clubs & businesses around the Lorkin Daniell field.
- Want to attract more members for your club?
- Or perhaps raise some much-needed funds?
Call 07434 949631 (or email [antibot mailto=”[email protected]”]) to book your pitch at £10 a plot. Advertising spaces for local businesses are also available in the Events Programme at a reasonable price.
Some stalls expected include:
- Face painting,
- Coconut shy,
- Cream teas & Pimms,
- BBQ, etc..
- Dance Groups,
- Tug of War (for the over 18’s),
- Vintage Cars,
- Fancy Dress Parade for children
Races & Football
- 5-mile race along Colne Valley & Essex Way,
- 1-mile race,
- WBFC Youth Football Tournament.
Downloads for 2019 Edition
All the following are in MS-Word
- WB Village Show Schedule 2019;
- Stall Booking Form 2019;
- Village Show entry form 2019; Please bring your completed entry forms (together with entry fee) to the Orpen Memorial Hall on Saturday 6th July 2019 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon or deliver them to the Parish Clerk at 80 Chapel Road by 10:00 am Saturday 6th July 2019.
- Football & Run 2019;
- Tug-of-war 2019 entry form.
Recent news items
The following news items mention or reference the Annual Fete, to read the whole article please click on the heading…
- Day 24 of Lockdown – The “Wot No ….” Edition - Day 24 of Lockdown Day 24 starts off being a day of cancellations, passes by some gratitude from the NHS and moves on to an inevitable lighter moment with a musical cups game to try with the kids. Don't forget… …
- Planning the Fete – Who has the best ideas? - Planning the Fete Planning the Fete starts today - do you have some great ideas to make next years the best yet? A team of volunteers will be meeting today, 14th October, in the John Lampon Hall at 7:30 pm. … …
- Premises & Recreation – 2nd September 2019 - Premises & Recreation – 2nd September 2019 The Premises & Recreation Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 2nd September 2019 and discussed online bookings, roofing, handymen schedule, VE day 75, PC Action Plan and other regular matters. Premises… …
- Gardeners’ Summer Visits - Gardeners' Summer Visits The Gardeners' summer visits this year started after their 2018/19 programme of talks came to a conclusion. They were particularly happy that the weather remained on their side. Shrubs Farm In June, a group went on a… …
- Edwardian West Bergholt & Gainsborough House - Edwardian West Bergholt & Gainsborough House The Local History Group gave villagers an insight into Edwardian West Bergholt at the recent Village Fete. The History Group manned a stall which included a display discussing West Bergholt during the Edwardian period.… …
- Premises & Recreation – 1st July 2019 - Premises & Recreation – 1st July 2019 The Premises & Recreation Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 1st July 2019 when they discussed the MUGA, online bookings, roofing, Village Fete, handyman schedules, VE Day 2020, and other regular… …
- Parking & Roads on Fete Day - Parking & Roads on Fete Day Let's start with parking. The only parking allowed in the Orpen Hall car park during the fete itself is for the disabled; this must be pre-booked with the Parish Clerk. Stallholders will be allowed… …
- The 2019 Village Fete Invites You To Enjoy Yourself - The 2019 Village Fete The 2019 Village Fete promises something for everybody - not just those visiting it. First of all, are you into Tug-of-War, performing in public or do you run a local club or organisation? If so you… …
- Coming Soon – the 2018 Village Fete - Coming Soon - the 2018 Village Fete Since its launch in March, the Village Fete Working Party has been working hard to deliver the 2018 Village Fete. It is now set to take over the Orpen Hall & fields on Saturday… …
- Follow That – Village Fete 2018 - Follow That After the resounding success of last year's Village Fete, attended by well over 600 people, it is hard to know how we can follow that. Not only did the day see everybody enjoying themselves but it didn't cost the… …