Vacancy for 3 Parishes Church Administrator
The 3 Parishes Churches are looking for a church administrator to support the work of Rev Mandy Elmes’ 3 parishes of West Bergholt, Great Horkesley and Langham with Boxted. This is due to the retirement of the current administrator.
- The administrator must have good computer skills.
- They must be able to work alone and manage their day-to-day workload without close supervision.
- The administrator is often the first point of contact for enquiries about baptisms, weddings and funerals; they will need good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to handle difficult situations with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- The applicant will also need to be sympathetic to the beliefs and procedures of the Church of England.
- The post will be based in the office in St. Mary’s, West Bergholt.
- The post will initially be for twenty hours per week. Hours might be increased in due course by agreement.
- Hours are Monday- Friday 9am – 1pm.
- The succesful applicant will be paid £9.00 per hour which will be reviewed annually.
- Annual leave entitlement will be 4 weeks pro rata plus Bank Holidays.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5 August 2019. Interviews will be on Wednesday 7th August, with a view to starting on Monday 9th September.
Send your completed applications to Rev. Dr. Amanda Elmes: [antibot mailto=”[email protected]”] or The Rectory, 1 Church Close, West Bergholt CO6 3JZ.
Find out More About the Churches
The followng links will take you to the church websites:
- St Mary’s – West Bergholt,
- St Mary’s & St Peters – Langham with Boxted;
- All Saints’ and St. John’s – Great Horkesley.