Environment & Highways – 20th February 2020

Environment

Environment & Highways – 20th February 2020

The Environment & Highways Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 20th February 2020 and discussed:

  • Pond cleaning & maintenance,
  • Replacement trees, Mumford Oak, purple beeches & cricket bat willows,
  • Handymen work schedule,
  • Bus stops & school buses,
  • Rejuvenation of Poor’s Land & Heath,
  • Parks & playgrounds &
  • A number of more administrative matters.

Continue reading “Environment & Highways – 20th February 2020”

Thoughtless Parking at Poor’s Land

Notice of Access required

Notice of Access against thoughtless parkersThoughtless Parking at Poor’s Land

Affecting children at Heathlands, Bergholt Heath YFC and the general public at large, thoughtless parking at the Poor’s Land Gate is a problem.  The Parish Council contracts with Countrywide to maintain this land; last week they tried to gain access on 3 occasions but were unable to do so.

Without maintenance the land may cease to be fit for purpose depriving our youth and fellow villagers of a much-loved facility.

No Excuse

With ample parking available at Orpen Hall & Church car parks, all just a short walk, there really is no excuse.

Parking Issues

This is just the latest in a series of parking concerns over the past year or so.  Remember you can help address this by reporting parking, even speeding, issues using Trygve.  This app (iOS or Android), allows you to take a picture, record the location and record details of incidents which are then reviewed.  There is an active group  you can join and see what others are reporting – West Bergholt Road Violations.

 

Environment & Highways – 12th January 2017

The Environment & Highways Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 12th January and discussed a range of issues including Village Ponds, Handymen, Storage & benches.

Environment & Highways Report

Sub-committee Meeting held on Thursday 12th January 2017 in Orpen Hall

Sub-committee members present John Gili Ross, Philip Spencer, Harry Stone, Jenny Church, Murray Harlow, Janet Crichton, David Short.
Apologies None

 

1

Work of village Handymen

Work in the storage units is completed, signs are up of the children’s 20mph posters, element on car fixed, Mower is being charged, refurbishment of benches needs completing, ride-on mower has been cleaned, hedge trimmer has been serviced, gazebo has been repaired, work in the Orpen Hall completed, roof of duck house on Queen’s Road pond needs repair, litter picking continues. Request Premises Committee if they can store litter picking equipment. JGR
It was suggested that we purchase waders for future use in the ponds. Janet agreed to check on website for cost and suitability. Jan C
We all appreciate the range of work carried out by our Handymen, David and Matt. An item of this appreciation to be written for the next Bulletin. Harry agreed to do this. HS

2

Village ponds

a) The 3 ponds are currently being cleared by “The Conservation Volunteers”.

Hall Road Pond. Proposed to leave excess vegetation to rot on mound beside pond. Also, agreed to ask for an Extra day of clearance from TCV as the pond is very overgrown.

Jen C
b) Queens Road Pond. Cleared and tidied. Excess vegetation to be removed by Norhurst – Jenny to organise. Jen C
c) Lexden Road Pond. Excess vegetation removed from pond. This will need removing by Norhurst. There are 3/4 tree stumps along the front edge near the grass verge. These could be a hazard and will need cutting down to ground level. Ask Norhurst to do.

A tree has fallen by the back edge of the pond which came down in the strong wind yesterday. The householder/owner will arrange to remove excess leafage and branches.

Jen C
A tree beside the pond has roots that could be undermining a neighbour’s garage. Phil will investigate this. PS
d) Need to investigate situation regarding ownership of ponds. JGR

3

Storage facilities

Situation re use of a container as storage to be further investigated. Chris to arrange a meeting with the Planning Dept. at CBC  

JGR

4

New benches for LD field and for Poor’s Land.

Propose to purchase 2 benches to be site by MUGA on LD field and one to be purchased for Poor’s Land. Janet and Murray to investigate cost and suitability. Jan C & MH

Date of next meeting – Thursday 9th February 2017 at 5pm in Orpen Hall.

Premises & Recreation – 6th June 2016

Premises & Recreation – 6th June 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 6th June when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, licences, Social Club, MUGA, Orpen Hall toilets, storage and BHYFC.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 6th June 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Brian Butcher (Chair), Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Jenny Church, Bob Tyrrell.
Apologies Harry Stone (BB accepted)

Also in attendance Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator)

Before Agenda items commenced the Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman were agreed as follows:-

Chairman – Brian Butcher – Proposed Murray Harlow – Seconded by Jenny Church

Vice – Chairman – Murray Harlow – Proposed Brian Butcher – Seconded by Bob Tyrrell

Terms of Reference – this has not been resolved and as Chairman BB will resolve the outstanding issues primarily between the Environment and Premises.  BB will speak with JGR and for this to be updated for the next meeting.

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1

Health and Safety Questionnaire

VBC is waiting to hear back from two companies that offer hands on training with fire extinguishers.  This is at a price but JC suggested that VBC contact the fire station to see if they will come out and do the training.

VBC

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1

Bar Licence

BB was advised from the Orpen Players that they had no concerns about cover for their recent production but this would need to be addressed in the Autumn.

BB

3.2

Table and Chairs

VBC expressed concern following updating the asset register that the Hall was down by five long tables.  VBC has contacted those organisations who have borrowed and any further borrowing will be need to be signed for and all tables will be numbered and put on said form.  Notification of the loss of these tables to be placed on the West Bergholt website in the hope of their return under amnesty.  BB advised of new seating layout – twelve rows of ten chairs (120 compared to 108 before).  The chairs would need to be clipped in 5’s.  BB will give this to LW to submit to CBC to be approved and Licence amended as necessary.  Eight of the Orpen Hall chairs have buckled with people standing on them and also the weight as they only withstand up to 18 stone.  These will not be replaced.

BB/LW/VBC

3.3

Draft T&C for one-off Hirers

VBC to add weight limit –see 3.2

VBC

3.4

Bollards

VBC to get in touch with JGR to obtain set of keys for office.

VBC/

JGR

3.5

Scouts – Asbestos Survey

LW will update for next meeting.

LW

3.6

Social Club- cigarette ends

The PC has agreed for new bark chippings and plants but before this can be done – litter picking especially around the Social Club needs to be done first.  JC confirmed that on 11th June the Village “Litter Warrior” will be happening and that the Volunteers are content whilst clearing the cigarette ends at the same time to clear the weeds.  To emphasise this more LW to write to Social Club that it is the responsibility of their customers to put the cigarette ends in the correct place and disappointed that this continues to be a problem.  LW to consider providing a bucket and sand in the interim until the Social Club can provide a suitable replacement.

LW

4.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club

  No objection for 5 – 6 years olds to play football on Saturday mornings 9.30 -10.30 on the Lorkin Daniels Field.  At the current time Mick and Terry from the WBFC are away and awaiting their return for the Agreement to be signed.  The T&C that were raised for the BHYFC re the use of the disabled toilet to be amended to include Saturday mornings – VBC will update and reissue.  VBC mentioned the annual invoice for using the Poors Field – it was agreed to increase it from £250 to £275.  It was agreed for the hire of the Lorkin Daniels field  by BHYFC on a Saturday not to be invoiced until the end of the year. VBC

5.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

  Tenders to be opened at the Finance meeting and then discussed at the Parish Council meeting.  

6.

Storage Units

  The ongoing issue about the future of storage has now moved to the Environment Committee to resolve the best way forward.  Roger (Orpen Players) and Harry (BYG) will meet mid-July to get the garage organised and make the best of the space.  Once the Flower Club cupboard has been removed demarcation of the areas will be marked on the floor and MH will report back at the next meeting on cost of shelving part of the garage.  BB said that when the toilet refurbishment is underway BB will ask the contractors to block up the wall between the two garages as the Flower Club cupboard would leave an opening.  BB will inform the Finance Committee of this future expenditure. MH/BB

 

 

7.

MUGA

  BB will attend the September meeting and report back. BB

8.

AOB

  a)   It was noted that the football goal area requires attention and for the Environment Committee to take this up. EC
  b)   It appears that more owners are taking their dogs onto the Lorkin Daniels Field – a discussion ensued about signage that additional signs are required and what is the best way forward – this is to be brought to the Parish Council meeting to discuss further so that ALL signs will be regimental. PC
  c)    Children seem to be kicking footballs against the JL Hall – as the above – more signage is required and once a design has been ascertained for signage to be erected, BT to consider signage. BT
  d)   Bluebells requested if some hardstanding could be placed where they keep their outside metal fencing – this has been given to the Environment Committee to consider and report back to Bluebells. EC
  e)   It was brought to VBC’s attention that a few jobs require attention in the Hall- (a) rubber around a window in the JL Hall requires fixing – VBC to get Handyman to fix (b) the lights in the JL Hall require diffusers – VBC to contact electrician to quote on moving existing and replacing the lights. VBC
  Meeting closed at 8.50pm  

9.

Date of next meeting

  4 July 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall  
  Murray Harlow to Chair in Brian’s absence

(Brian has offered his aplogies)

 

 

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com