Premises & Recreation – 10th October 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 10th October when, among other items, they welcomed a new councillor, discussed health & safety, terms of hire, asbestos surveys, social club, Bergholt Heath YFC, Orpen Hall toilets and storage.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 10th October 2016 in the John Lampon Hall Continue reading “Premises & Recreation – 10th October 2016”

Premises & Recreation – 5th September 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 5th September when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, terms of hire, asbestos surveys, social club, Bergholt Heath YFC, Orpen Hall toilets and storage.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 5th September 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Continue reading “Premises & Recreation – 5th September 2016”

Premises & Recreation – 6th June 2016

Premises & Recreation – 6th June 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 6th June when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, licences, Social Club, MUGA, Orpen Hall toilets, storage and BHYFC.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 6th June 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Brian Butcher (Chair), Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Jenny Church, Bob Tyrrell.
Apologies Harry Stone (BB accepted)

Also in attendance Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator)

Before Agenda items commenced the Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman were agreed as follows:-

Chairman – Brian Butcher – Proposed Murray Harlow – Seconded by Jenny Church

Vice – Chairman – Murray Harlow – Proposed Brian Butcher – Seconded by Bob Tyrrell

Terms of Reference – this has not been resolved and as Chairman BB will resolve the outstanding issues primarily between the Environment and Premises.  BB will speak with JGR and for this to be updated for the next meeting.

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1

Health and Safety Questionnaire

VBC is waiting to hear back from two companies that offer hands on training with fire extinguishers.  This is at a price but JC suggested that VBC contact the fire station to see if they will come out and do the training.

VBC

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1

Bar Licence

BB was advised from the Orpen Players that they had no concerns about cover for their recent production but this would need to be addressed in the Autumn.

BB

3.2

Table and Chairs

VBC expressed concern following updating the asset register that the Hall was down by five long tables.  VBC has contacted those organisations who have borrowed and any further borrowing will be need to be signed for and all tables will be numbered and put on said form.  Notification of the loss of these tables to be placed on the West Bergholt website in the hope of their return under amnesty.  BB advised of new seating layout – twelve rows of ten chairs (120 compared to 108 before).  The chairs would need to be clipped in 5’s.  BB will give this to LW to submit to CBC to be approved and Licence amended as necessary.  Eight of the Orpen Hall chairs have buckled with people standing on them and also the weight as they only withstand up to 18 stone.  These will not be replaced.

BB/LW/VBC

3.3

Draft T&C for one-off Hirers

VBC to add weight limit –see 3.2

VBC

3.4

Bollards

VBC to get in touch with JGR to obtain set of keys for office.

VBC/

JGR

3.5

Scouts – Asbestos Survey

LW will update for next meeting.

LW

3.6

Social Club- cigarette ends

The PC has agreed for new bark chippings and plants but before this can be done – litter picking especially around the Social Club needs to be done first.  JC confirmed that on 11th June the Village “Litter Warrior” will be happening and that the Volunteers are content whilst clearing the cigarette ends at the same time to clear the weeds.  To emphasise this more LW to write to Social Club that it is the responsibility of their customers to put the cigarette ends in the correct place and disappointed that this continues to be a problem.  LW to consider providing a bucket and sand in the interim until the Social Club can provide a suitable replacement.

LW

4.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club

  No objection for 5 – 6 years olds to play football on Saturday mornings 9.30 -10.30 on the Lorkin Daniels Field.  At the current time Mick and Terry from the WBFC are away and awaiting their return for the Agreement to be signed.  The T&C that were raised for the BHYFC re the use of the disabled toilet to be amended to include Saturday mornings – VBC will update and reissue.  VBC mentioned the annual invoice for using the Poors Field – it was agreed to increase it from £250 to £275.  It was agreed for the hire of the Lorkin Daniels field  by BHYFC on a Saturday not to be invoiced until the end of the year. VBC

5.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

  Tenders to be opened at the Finance meeting and then discussed at the Parish Council meeting.  

6.

Storage Units

  The ongoing issue about the future of storage has now moved to the Environment Committee to resolve the best way forward.  Roger (Orpen Players) and Harry (BYG) will meet mid-July to get the garage organised and make the best of the space.  Once the Flower Club cupboard has been removed demarcation of the areas will be marked on the floor and MH will report back at the next meeting on cost of shelving part of the garage.  BB said that when the toilet refurbishment is underway BB will ask the contractors to block up the wall between the two garages as the Flower Club cupboard would leave an opening.  BB will inform the Finance Committee of this future expenditure. MH/BB

 

 

7.

MUGA

  BB will attend the September meeting and report back. BB

8.

AOB

  a)   It was noted that the football goal area requires attention and for the Environment Committee to take this up. EC
  b)   It appears that more owners are taking their dogs onto the Lorkin Daniels Field – a discussion ensued about signage that additional signs are required and what is the best way forward – this is to be brought to the Parish Council meeting to discuss further so that ALL signs will be regimental. PC
  c)    Children seem to be kicking footballs against the JL Hall – as the above – more signage is required and once a design has been ascertained for signage to be erected, BT to consider signage. BT
  d)   Bluebells requested if some hardstanding could be placed where they keep their outside metal fencing – this has been given to the Environment Committee to consider and report back to Bluebells. EC
  e)   It was brought to VBC’s attention that a few jobs require attention in the Hall- (a) rubber around a window in the JL Hall requires fixing – VBC to get Handyman to fix (b) the lights in the JL Hall require diffusers – VBC to contact electrician to quote on moving existing and replacing the lights. VBC
  Meeting closed at 8.50pm  

9.

Date of next meeting

  4 July 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall  
  Murray Harlow to Chair in Brian’s absence

(Brian has offered his aplogies)

 

 

Premises & Recreation – 2nd May 2016

Premises & Recreation – 2nd May 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 2nd May when, among other items, they discussed asbestos, licences, Poors Land, bollards, MUGA, Orpen Hall toilets, storage and BHYFC.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 2nd May 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Brian Butcher (Chair), Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Jenny Church, Harry Stone, Bob Tyrrell.
Apologies

Also in attendance Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator)

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1

 

Health and Safety Questionnaire

VBC sourcing suitable course and will report back at the next meeting.

VBC

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1

Bar Licence

LW has been in contact with CBC Premises Licence,  £70 is due 1st September 2016.  LW had given a copy of the Licence to BB. BB to check with Orpen Players what involvement Bernard (Social Club) has when it comes to them selling alcohol at their productions.

BB

3.2

Hall Administrator Holiday Cover

Prior to the meeting it was discussed and agreed that Zoe, the cleaner, had agreed to cover the Hall Administrator’s holiday.

3.3

Tables

More research/investigation into cost/storage/quantity will be sought by VBC for next meeting.  BB will inform the Finance Committee of potential forthcoming expenditure once further costings were known.

VBC/BB

3.4

Draft T&C for one-off hirers

in progress will update at next meeting.

VBC

3.5

Bollards

VBC now have copies of keys for both bollards.  The yellow bollard key is yet to be out in the key box.  VBC to contact JG-R to arrange receipt of the key.

VBC/

JG-R

3.6

Scouts – Asbestos Survey

LW will chase the Scouts again.

LW

4.

Provision of ‘MUGA Spectator’ benches

Following on from last month’s meeting with BYG offer to contribute towards the benches it was agreed this would not be necessary/forthcoming.  VBC is waiting on quotes before work is instructed and benches be put in positon.  PC to agree location. POST MEETING NOTE the matter of benches will be taken forward by the Environment committee.

BB brought up the MUGA and its usage and that we should be maximising the use of it.  BB would like to know what the planning conditions for use are, if any it is thought use is at the discretion of the PC.   HS mentioned that VBC and he are on the West Bergholt Sports Facility – Advisory Group – who happen to have a meeting on 5th April and invited BB to attend, which unfortunately, he could not.  VBC confirmed that as Chairman the Minutes will be copied to BB.  To be discussed further at next month’s meeting.

5.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club

BB and MH met with Mick and Terry of the West Bergholt Football Club before this meeting and BB confirmed there was an understanding on – way forward which BB will progress.  VBC confirmed that BHYFC had not come back with a list of managers to enable them to use the Orpen Hall toilets. BB

6.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

Final drawings had been approved.  LW had chased three potential companies to see if they wanted to tender.  BB said the time for works to be done was from 16th July to 29th August 2016 – time is running out and may have to look at alternative companies to tender.   VBC to liaise with hirers nearer the time to notify them of the works and alternative toilets to use while works are in progress. The refurbish will not be able to be phased. BB/LW/VBC

7.

Storage Units

a)   Orpen Players – Roger is on holiday when proposed meeting was intended and BB now has his telephone number and will liaise with Roger and HS to arrange meeting up.

b)   Bluebell – In a separate meeting Bluebells showed interest that racking could be a way forward.  MH has a potential supplier and will liaise with Jackie Leach what is required and come back at the next meeting with a design and quotes.  The PC has not yet agreed to fund.

c)    Flower Club – it was agreed that their cabinet in the garage be moved to the meeting room upstairs.  This would then leave a gap between the two garages which will need to be bricked up when the WC’s are refurbished.

d)   Environment Equipment – BB made enquiries to seek which option would be allowed by CBC to construct a new storage unit to the front left-hand corner of the carpark – unfortunately, this was not forthcoming and prior to this meeting BB had spoken with CS and it was agreed architects would be needed to draw up plans and hence obtaining a quote for the work to eventually submit to planning, but not until a pre-app had been made.

BB/HS/MH

8.

AOB

1)    Queen Elizabeth Birthday Celebrations – An accident occurred when a member of the pubic tripped over the ramp at the back of the JL Hall. BB gave VBC a suggested template accident form to implement rather than what is currently being used.  Note to Environment Committee as a starting point to paint yellow lines along the edges until a potentially suitable solution can be agreed to be sent by BB. JGR/

VBC

2)   Poors Land – VBC made BB aware of a hirer wishing to use the Poors Land for a football birthday party.  “Re-seeding” is to take place in middle May and the football pitches will not be available for use.  VBC to go back to hirer and ascertain how much of the field is required and reiterate that the football pitches are out of use but any area outside this can be used. VBC
3)   In a prior meeting with the Orpen Players it was asked if the PC could look into revising the number of seats at their productions as the size of the chairs have changed.  BB has taken this on board and after this meeting will measure and discuss this whilst the Orpen Players are using the Hall.  BB has asked VBC to look into what the fire rating is on the existing chairs. BB
4)   West Bergholt Football Club – according to the Agreement every three years the rent is reviewed.  2016 is the year and it was agreed to increase the rent from £450 to £475 and VBC to issue invoice to them. VBC
5)   Storage – All other storage hirers to be increased by 5%. VBC
Meeting closed at 8.50pm

9.

Date of next meeting

6th June 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall

 

Premises & Recreation – 4th April 2016

Premises & Recreation – 4th April 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 4th April when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, licences, lighting, Poors Land, bollards, MUGA, Orpen Hall toilets, storage and BHYFC.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 4th April 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Brian Butcher (Chair), Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Jenny Church, Rosemary James, Harry Stone, Bob Tyrrell.
Apologies

Also in attendance Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator)

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1

 

Orpen Hall Signage

BB enquired to why this matter was put on hold at the previous meeting in his absence.  Reasons being (1) the new storage/garage was proposed to go where the sign was being erected, (2) double sided sign would cost approx. £2,000 – looking at single sided and to be placed by cycle rack, this point will be revisited later on in the year.

2.1

Health and Safety Questionnaire

BB has now been provided with a copy of the Asbestos Report.

VBC is looking into a fire extinguisher handling session to be undertaken at the Hall, potentially to be extended to Parish Councillors, and heads of various groups. VBC

 

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1

 

Bar Licence –

LW to check with Social Club as a priority as to the current position.

LW

3.2

Lighting inside and out at Hall – update

This has been in  hand since the last meeting with our electrician Simon from EKB Contracts.  Parts have had to be ordered hence the delay.

3.3

Tables

More research/investigation into cost/storage/quantity will be sought by VBC for next meeting.

VBC

3.4

 

Draft T&C for one-off hirers

in progress will update at next meeting.

VBC

3.5

 

Bollards

in progress, will update at next meeting.

LW

3.6

 

Scouts – Asbestos Survey

in progress, will update at next meeting.

LW

4.

Provision of ‘MUGA Spectator’ benches

Following BB’s introduction, HS spoke on behalf of BYG who had come forward with an idea to place two wooden benches along the side of the ‘MUGA’ to enable spectators to watch either the tennis or the football.  BYG had offered to contribute to the cost with surplus money from their tuck shop on 21st April towards the benches. The PC may also ask the West Bergholt Football Club if they wish to contribute.  It was agreed that they would be wooden, with no backs, bolted into the ground.  It was agreed to get quotes from the handyman in the village.  Approx. size to be 8ft long x 1ft wide.  BYG would advise their suggested location and a plaque to be placed to record BYG’s contribution. VBC/HS

5.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club

T&C were amended and agreed.  David Bowden is compiling a list of Managers and VBC suggested that as there could be as many as 6 managers that they each have a unique code rather than a fob so that we can easily manage any misuse.  VBC waiting for list and will then arrange training of the alarm system.  There was mention that their Committee Members had changed – VBC to check. VBC

6.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

A meeting was being held with Steve McLean of Esposito McLean on 5th April with BT to discuss details.  It was suggested to enquire if STC, Ponders and Tamarisk Buildings would be interested in tending for the works and LW to deal with this, so that the works can be completed during the Summer Holiday. BT/BB/LW

7.

Storage Units

A discussion ensued about various options of extending the current garages to store equipment from the CBC garage which will no longer be rented by the Parish Council and the PC’s mower.  Prior to the meeting BB/VBC had a meeting with the Orpen Players, and informed them that the Parish Council will no longer be renting the CBC garage but that they will not get any more space, however they, will need to look at what they store at present and see if they can declutter – HS/BB and Roger will meet at the garages to discuss further.    Likewise a meeting with Bluebells – to see what their storage needs are.  This matter will be discussed further at the next meeting once the outcome from discussions with the Orpen Players and Bluebells have taken place. BB/HS

8.

AOB

1)    Servery – it was agreed that this room will need to be refurbished sooner rather than later. ALL
2)    Social Club – following the monthly litter pick JC brought to our attention the number of cigarette ends on the ground around the Social Club’s entrance – it was suggested that LW approach the Social Club to bring this to their attention and for them to clean up on a daily basis or put a bucket of sand outside. LW
Meeting closed at 8.34pm

9.

Date of next meeting

2nd May 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall

 

Premises & Recreation – 7th March 2016

Premises & Recreation – 7th March 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 7th March when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, bollards, licences, lighting, Poors Land, Orpen Hall toilets and Football Clubs.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Monday 7 March 2016 at 7.30pm in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Harry Stone and Bob Tyrrell.
Also in attendance Laura Walkingshaw (Parish Clerk)

 

1.

Apologies

Brian Butcher, Jenny Church and Rosemary James

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1

 

Orpen Hall Signage

This item is on hold at the moment and will be removed as an agenda item. Will re-visit later in the year.

2.2

 

Health and Safety Questionnaire – Asbestos Report/Fire Extinguish Training

The Clerk has found documents relating to asbestos in switch room, Health & Safety Fire Risk Assessments, Site Specific Risk Assessments and also a Building Survey from 1999. The Clerk has now provided these documents to BB. Await to hear from BB if sufficient.

The Hall Administrator has spoken to Bluebells and they felt a fire extinguisher handling session would benefit them. Dependant on costs there is the possibility of extending that training to the Parish Council and the heads of the various groups. VB-C to find out about costs.

The need for a clear Assembly Point was noted and a reminder needed to the various users to clarify that & general housekeeping rules prior to each event. BB & VBC to liaise to discuss.

BB, VBC

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1

 

Scouts – Asbestos Survey

Clerk has contacted Scouts regarding a warning notice on the area of asbestos in the Scout Hut. The Scouts have a committee meeting the week beginning 7th March. Will await reply and report back to Premises sub-committee.

LW

3.2

 

Bollards

Clerk still waiting to obtain copies of two left-hand bollard keys from WBFC, will hopefully pick up on Sat 12th March. Handyman has moved bicycle rack to make it more difficult to drive over the ramp onto field. Committee need to discuss MUGA bollards.

Committee agreed that the small space accessed past the MUGA bollards is not an imminent problem.

LW

3.3

 

Draft T&C for one-off hirers

VBC to draft additional Terms and Conditions to one-off hirers to be signed on day of hire – to note their responsibility on the day. Item in progress.

VB-C

3.4

 

Bar Licence & Music Licence

Clerk spoke to PRS for Music, licences are no longer issued, the only proof is the invoice & statement of payment.

Bar Licence –  Clerk has been approached by the Orpen Players concerned that the Social Club will no longer be keeping the Premises Licence for the entire building. LW to check with Social Club.

LW

3.5

 

Lighting inside and out at Hall

Outside – flood lights fixed, waiting for starter motors on others.

Inside – Hall Administrator to check through internal lighting to ensure all bulbs working and all grills re-applied.

VB-C

3.6

 

Car Parking

An email had been received from Andy Tomkins of the Pentecostal Church regarding parking on Sundays at the Hall. The Church has had difficulties finding free parking spaces of late, due to the number of Sunday matches played by WBFC. They requested that an area of the car park be cordoned off to allow five spaces to be reserved for them and ensure their children’s safety.

VB-C obtained a fixture list from WBFC, there are 11 matches a year played on Sundays from Sept – May, 3 matches left this season. It was noted that no part of the car park is cordoned off on Saturdays, when the Football Club also play and often coincides with parties occurring at 2 pm.

It was agreed by the committee that the Orpen Hall Car Park is a public car park and that the Hall does not have the staff available to approve this request. VB-C to reply to Andy Tomkins.

VB-C

3.7

 

Tables

The Hall Administrator has found lately that both Halls are frequently booked at the same time and has suggested that each Hall should have their own set of tables. The committee were happy for her to obtain some quotes regarding this matter and then report back to them.

VB-C

4.

Poor’s Land – Countrywide

This item was already agreed at the Parish Council meeting on 24th Feb and therefore did not need to be discussed.

5.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club

The committee agreed the wording on the draft T&C to BHYFC regarding the use of the Orpen Hall disabled toilet. However, following the response from BHYFC it is clear that the day needs to change to Sunday and the times from 9.30am-4.00pm. VB-C to make changes and go ahead with proposed T&C, which will be presented at the next Parish Council meeting. VB-C

Agenda Item

The committee discussed the viability of a lockable toilet being built on the Poors Land and the possibility of the PTA funding this. HS to liaise with the Headteacher, Mr Hallam when he next meets with him. HS

6.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

Esposito McLean have been appointed as designers for the Orpen Hall toilet refurbishment. BT & VB-C await to hear from him regarding timescale and access to the building for measuring up.

7.

Storage Units

The Environment sub-committee will be discussing this item on Thursday 10th March, it will then be brought back to this committee next month.

8.

AOB

No other items were raised. Meeting closed at 8.15pm

 

Date of next meeting – 4th April 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall

 

 

Premises & Recreation – 1st February 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 1st February when, among other items, they discussed Orpen Hall, Health & Safety, budget, storage, football clubs, licences and toilets.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 1st February 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Brian Butcher (Chair), Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Jenny Church, Rosemary James, Bob Tyrrell.
Apologies Harry Stone

Also in attendance Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator)

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1 Orpen Hall Signage
Work in progress, will update at next meeting. BT
2.2 Health and Safety Questionnaire
This has now been completed with the exception of obtaining a copy of the Asbestos Report – Parish Clerk to look further and to contact previous Parish Clerk to where the Report maybe located. LW
BB/VBC will organise unannounced fire drills throughout the year. BB/VBC
BB asked about fire extinguisher training – VBC confirmed that she has undertaken this in another employment. As Bluebells are the main users of the Hall – VBC to ask if their staff know how to use extinguishers. VBC
At this point reference was made to the chair clips (Panto Orpen Players) – that they were not functioning properly – VBC pointed out the correct positioning of the clips and confirmed that she will meet with the Orpen Players Friday night to show the Front of House the correct way positioning them.  We discussed the Orpen Players smoking, “instructing” Zoe etc, and agreed we would meet them to discuss. VBC

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1 Bar Licence and Dance/Music Licence – LW has sent off PPL and PRS paperwork.  Bar Licence: LW to check with Social Club. LW
3.2 Additional Bin Hire – This will only need to be considered when the CSH implement their “weighing payment” method. However, currently it will work out cheaper to have a 360l wheelie bin for glass and cans. LW
3.3 JL Hall Toilet/Boiler – VBC updated that the plumber had to come out and deal with a leak in one of the toilets (replacement ball valve) and a leak on the boiler.
3.4 Job Role of Hall Admin – H&S – VBC reported that all points are covered within her role at present apart from “ensuring a fire risk assessment is maintained”. VBC to implement this. VBC
3.5 Draft T&C for one-off hirers – in progress will update at next meeting. VBC
3.6 West Bergholt Website – has been updated with up to date information especially with making contact details more prominent – will be checked periodically.

4.

Cleaning

No further comments – this item can now be taken off the Agenda.

5.

West Bergholt Football Club – grass cutting Lorkin Daniell Field

Signed off – this item can now be taken off the Agenda

6.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club – Saturday morning training proposal

Prior to meeting CS sent the Committee correspondence regarding this.  The Committee were to talk through the “Action Points” – As the first point was of utmost importance, this was discussed and agreed in principal that BHYFC could use the Orpen Hall disabled toilet – this was on the proviso that they agreed and signed the T&C which VBC will draft and send to BB for approval. VBC
The other action points will be followed up as and when necessary. ALL

7.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

A discussion ensued about the layout whether to draw up as per plans or to refurbish what we have. It was agreed to go with existing plans but with option that “cosmetic changes” be made once tendered. Bluebells would like to have at least one lower basin for handwashing but its need was not agreed. BB has been in dialogue with three designers and is nearing obtaining quotes for this work. BB

8.

Storage Units

Measurements of the storage units have been done and concluded that there is not enough storage.  Various options to increase storage in the future were proposed, when funding is available. One being building another garage onto the existing two garages towards the football club.  Two, where the CSH bin is located to have a unit to house the rubbish, salt, equipment needed for the handyman, etc.  MH suggested racking out the current garages to optimise the space would help.  MH to speak with the Orpen Players, BYG and Bluebells who currently rent them and come up with drawings and costings for next meeting for the Committee to consider. MH

9.

Terms of Reference

BB forwarded to CS – this item can now be taken of the Agenda.

10.

Budget for next year

2016/2017 fees were approved at the Parish Council meeting. VBC to advise regular hirers of increases. VBC

11.

AOB

BB listed out various light bulbs not working and VBC will get these replaced VBC

12.

Date of next meeting

7th March 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall

(Brian Butcher offered apologies in advance)

Litter Warriors “Clean for the Queen”

Clean-for-the-QueenLitter Warriors “Clean for the Queen”

Litter WarriorsThe West Bergholt Litter Warriors next outing to clean up our streets takes place this Saturday, 5th March, meeting at 10am at the Orpen Hall.  This is a ‘special’ event as part of the “Clean for the Queen” Spring Clean.  Please join us litter-picking around the village, we do it once a month – it’s only an hour and can make such a difference.  All equipment will be provided.  There is an award scheme available for junior volunteers.

Clean for The Queen is a campaign to clear up Britain in time for Her Majesty the Queen’s 90th birthday, which will be officially celebrated in June 2016.

When she came to the throne litter was not the problem that it is today. Food packaging, plastic bottles, takeaway meals and cigarette butts have all contributed to a growing menace that affects our wildlife, streets, countryside and sense of pride. What better way could we show our gratitude to Her Majesty than to clean up our country?

We are calling on individuals, volunteer groups, local councils, businesses and schools to do their bit. You can start now and also take part in our Clean for The Queen weekend on March  4th, 5th and 6th 2016.  Please register your interest here and we will help you to Clean for The Queen.

Further dates

  • Saturday April 2nd
  • Saturday May 7th

Seen a Grot Spot that needs tidying? Let us know, on the Grot Spot Hotline below!

Many thanks
Laura & Rachel Walkingshaw

Call 01206 240772 or email [antibot mailto=”[email protected]”].

Litter Warriors

Litter Warriors

Litter WarriorsWest Bergholt Litter Warriors

Following Colchester Borough Council’s recently launched volunteer litter picking scheme  “Litter Warriors”, West Bergholt now has its very own branch.  Please join us litter-picking around the village, once a month – it’s only an hour and can make such a difference.  All equipment will be provided.  There is an award scheme available for junior volunteers.

West Bergholt is a beautiful place, let’s keep it that way!

Seen a Grot Spot that needs tidying? Let us know, on the Grot Spot Hotline below!

Litter Picking Dates for Spring:

Meet outside Orpen Hall on the 1st Saturday each month at 10am.

  • Saturday February 6th
  • Saturday March 5th
    (Special Clean Up for the Queen Event)
  • Saturday April 2nd
  • Saturday May 7th

Many thanks
Laura & Rachel Walkingshaw

Call 01206 240772 or email [antibot mailto=”[email protected]”]

 

 

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com