Premises & Recreation – 10th October 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 10th October when, among other items, they welcomed a new councillor, discussed health & safety, terms of hire, asbestos surveys, social club, Bergholt Heath YFC, Orpen Hall toilets and storage.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 10th October 2016 in the John Lampon Hall Continue reading “Premises & Recreation – 10th October 2016”

Premises & Recreation – 5th September 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 5th September when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, terms of hire, asbestos surveys, social club, Bergholt Heath YFC, Orpen Hall toilets and storage.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 5th September 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Continue reading “Premises & Recreation – 5th September 2016”

Premises & Recreation – 4th April 2016

Premises & Recreation – 4th April 2016

The Premises & Recreation Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 4th April when, among other items, they discussed health & safety, licences, lighting, Poors Land, bollards, MUGA, Orpen Hall toilets, storage and BHYFC.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Sub-committee meeting held on Monday 4th April 2016 in the John Lampon Hall

Councillors present Brian Butcher (Chair), Murray Harlow (Vice chair), Jenny Church, Rosemary James, Harry Stone, Bob Tyrrell.
Apologies

Also in attendance Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator)

2.

Matters from Last Meeting

2.1

 

Orpen Hall Signage

BB enquired to why this matter was put on hold at the previous meeting in his absence.  Reasons being (1) the new storage/garage was proposed to go where the sign was being erected, (2) double sided sign would cost approx. £2,000 – looking at single sided and to be placed by cycle rack, this point will be revisited later on in the year.

2.1

Health and Safety Questionnaire

BB has now been provided with a copy of the Asbestos Report.

VBC is looking into a fire extinguisher handling session to be undertaken at the Hall, potentially to be extended to Parish Councillors, and heads of various groups. VBC

 

3.

Clerks & Administrator’s Report

3.1

 

Bar Licence –

LW to check with Social Club as a priority as to the current position.

LW

3.2

Lighting inside and out at Hall – update

This has been in  hand since the last meeting with our electrician Simon from EKB Contracts.  Parts have had to be ordered hence the delay.

3.3

Tables

More research/investigation into cost/storage/quantity will be sought by VBC for next meeting.

VBC

3.4

 

Draft T&C for one-off hirers

in progress will update at next meeting.

VBC

3.5

 

Bollards

in progress, will update at next meeting.

LW

3.6

 

Scouts – Asbestos Survey

in progress, will update at next meeting.

LW

4.

Provision of ‘MUGA Spectator’ benches

Following BB’s introduction, HS spoke on behalf of BYG who had come forward with an idea to place two wooden benches along the side of the ‘MUGA’ to enable spectators to watch either the tennis or the football.  BYG had offered to contribute to the cost with surplus money from their tuck shop on 21st April towards the benches. The PC may also ask the West Bergholt Football Club if they wish to contribute.  It was agreed that they would be wooden, with no backs, bolted into the ground.  It was agreed to get quotes from the handyman in the village.  Approx. size to be 8ft long x 1ft wide.  BYG would advise their suggested location and a plaque to be placed to record BYG’s contribution. VBC/HS

5.

Bergholt Heath Youth Football Club

T&C were amended and agreed.  David Bowden is compiling a list of Managers and VBC suggested that as there could be as many as 6 managers that they each have a unique code rather than a fob so that we can easily manage any misuse.  VBC waiting for list and will then arrange training of the alarm system.  There was mention that their Committee Members had changed – VBC to check. VBC

6.

Refurbishment of Orpen Hall Toilets

A meeting was being held with Steve McLean of Esposito McLean on 5th April with BT to discuss details.  It was suggested to enquire if STC, Ponders and Tamarisk Buildings would be interested in tending for the works and LW to deal with this, so that the works can be completed during the Summer Holiday. BT/BB/LW

7.

Storage Units

A discussion ensued about various options of extending the current garages to store equipment from the CBC garage which will no longer be rented by the Parish Council and the PC’s mower.  Prior to the meeting BB/VBC had a meeting with the Orpen Players, and informed them that the Parish Council will no longer be renting the CBC garage but that they will not get any more space, however they, will need to look at what they store at present and see if they can declutter – HS/BB and Roger will meet at the garages to discuss further.    Likewise a meeting with Bluebells – to see what their storage needs are.  This matter will be discussed further at the next meeting once the outcome from discussions with the Orpen Players and Bluebells have taken place. BB/HS

8.

AOB

1)    Servery – it was agreed that this room will need to be refurbished sooner rather than later. ALL
2)    Social Club – following the monthly litter pick JC brought to our attention the number of cigarette ends on the ground around the Social Club’s entrance – it was suggested that LW approach the Social Club to bring this to their attention and for them to clean up on a daily basis or put a bucket of sand outside. LW
Meeting closed at 8.34pm

9.

Date of next meeting

2nd May 2016 – 7.30pm John Lampon Hall

 

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com