Whilst the Industrial Revolution shaped Tyneside, the Black Country and the south Pennines, it also changed East Anglia’s landscape. Learn how the traditional crafts became mechanised, factory-based, industries, and discover their legacy. Our tutor is Steven Worsley.
This course will explain the importance of the industrialisation of Britain and will assist students in interpreting and recognising the surviving remains and artefacts. Eastern Counties industries discussed:
- Transport Networks,
- Textiles (wool, cotton, silk, linen),
- Milling, Malting and Brewing,
- Raw materials (iron, steel, coal),
- Power (animal, water, wind, steam),
- Engineering (especially agricultural),
- Other farming (tanning, fertilisers).
The course is taking place at the Methodist Hall Chapel Lane, West Bergholt. CO6 3EF and costs £47.25 over 9 weeks. You can pay in one of 3 ways:
- Sample the first night for FREE and then pay on attendance at the 2nd night.
- Pre-enrol at enrolonline.wea.uk.
- Freephone 0800 328 1060 lines open Monday to Friday 10 – 3pm.
If you decide the course is not for you, you can ask for a refund. There may be a fee waiver for those on low income/benefits.
ALL ARE VERY WELCOME
Contact Gill on 01206 240512 if you would like more details.