Premises & Recreation – 1st July 2019

Premises & Recreation – 1st July 2019

The Premises & Recreation Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 1st July 2019 when they discussed the MUGA, online bookings, roofing, Village Fete, handyman schedules, VE Day 2020, and other regular matters.

Premises & Recreation Minutes

Committee Meeting held on 1st July 2019 in John Lampon Hall

Committee members present:

Brian Butcher, Bob Tyrrell, Andrew Savage (seconded), Jenny Church

Also in attendance:

Victoria Beckwith-Cole (Hall Administrator),

 

1

Apologies

Murray Harlow and Harry Stone

 

2

Minutes of the last meeting on 3rd June 2019 were agreed.

3

Clerks and Administrator’s Report

3.1 MUGA – It has been decided that no repairs will go ahead as the coaches are happy with the surface as it is, but a meeting has been arranged for August to discuss the long-term resurfacing. BB/VBC
3.2 Hall Administrator’s Updates – LW and VBC went and saw the Coggeshall Parish Clerk and were shown in more detail the on-line booking system – proved to be very helpful.  LW and VBC have made a start setting the regular users up and putting their dates in the diary.  VBC will aim to get all the dates she is aware of put on in the next couple of weeks.  VBC to organise a meeting with the cleaner this month to catch up on any amendments to her contract.  BB mentioned the Swift Project – erection of three boxes with speakers to be put up on the JL wall facing the Football Club – Premises would put them up and the Swift Project fund the boxes etc.  BB mentioned that the preliminary advice from CBC is that recorded music can be played from 8 am in the Hall. VBC/LW
3.3 Roofing Project – Ingleton Wood are waiting on a response from the contractor if there are any implications to the price if project was delayed for a few months.  AS and LW will be working on grant applications as soon as the final Neighbourhood Plan has been completed.  It could be the start of November before works are started and a meeting will be had with the Users of the Hall. LW/AS
3.4 Handyman Schedule – VBC confirmed the following works are still outstanding: – colour bulbs to be replaced in the OH, drain guards to be placed over the drains around the JL Hall, purchased a nautical pulley for the stage curtains.  
3.5 Hall Signage – BT emailed and showed everybody a design of the proposed board.  In principal Premise agree – to go to a Trustees meeting then back to Premises for final wording and location. Trustees
3.6 VE Day 75th Celebration – 9th May 2020 – This will be put on next month’s Agenda.  At this point BB raised that at last month’s PC meeting that the Remembrance Service at the OH each year needs help running it and possible new ideas for this year.  Nicole Long having asked whether the PC would run.  It was delegated to Premises, but it was agreed that as no one on the Committee has experience in running this type of event, but they would however be happy to assist in anyway.  They also proposed that Nicole speak to the main youth groups such as the Scouting and Girl Guiding Associations, BYG and Jo Jeffery to get the overall concept to the young about what Remembrance is all about and seek their views.  
3.7 Hall Borders –The PC has received a grant and work was completed at the back of the building to make a boxed in area for a garden and pebbles for the children. The only outstanding matter was a small area of turfing to be carried out which was agreed to do in the Autumn.  The remaining weeding of the borders around the Hall will be done ready for the fete.  On the tennis court side – the borders to be strimmed.  A discussion was had as to maintenance of the flower borders going forward to keep on top of weeding etc.  Who will maintain this- Environment or Premises?  
3.8 Front entrance piers – the one brick on edge will be taken off and where necessary the pillars built up and a paving slab to put on top.  BB will discuss with IMBC. BB/IMBC

4

Hall Accounts – Nothing to report.

5

Meeting with primary Hall Users

  VBC to send email around with time and date – 18th July John Lampon Hall 6pm.  VBC asked BB to send her some dates to organise a meeting with the OP. BB/VBC

6

PC Action Plan Review

  No changes  

7

Premises Licence – Sale of alcohol requests

  Village Fete – if the Playground Group wanted to sell alcohol then this would have to be done from inside the building in accordance with our Licence unless LW manages to obtain a temporary Licence. The Football Club are deemed covered by their own Licence to sell alcohol.  

8

Next month’s noteworthy hirings

  Village Fete – 13th July 2019  

9

Village Fete Sub Committee

  Next meeting 2nd July, Queens Head 7.30 pm.  BB gave an update that we now have approximately 30 stalls and noted the road closure which was applied for was by the Running Club.  

10

Bulletin Report

  June edition – liked the 4-page pull-out about the Fete.  VBC said the Bulletin Team had met and that there were a few changes being enforced on contributors – set words, timings etc to ensure the Bulletin is delivered in the first week of each month.  VBC mentioned that we are hoping to do an interview with someone in the Village – a couple of suggestions were aired and VBC will let the Bulletin Team know.  

11

Items to be discussed at next meeting

Meeting closed at 8.50 pm
Date of next meeting – 2nd September 2019 – 7.30 pm John Lampon Hall