Parking & Roads on Fete Day
Let’s start with parking. The only parking allowed in the Orpen Hall car park during the fete itself is for the disabled; this must be pre-booked with the Parish Clerk. Stallholders will be allowed to park temporarily whilst setting up or clearing down but will then need to find alternative parking elsewhere. Your parking options are as follows:
- on all public roads. If you do park on the highway please do so safely and have regard to those living near to where you park, and
- off-road for £1 in the field next to the Kitty Rose shop on Colchester Road. 50p goes to your lucky Fete programme and 50p towards the cost of making the field safe, controllable and accessible.
As you may know, Lexden Road will be closed to through traffic between Colchester Road and Chapel Road on the morning of the Fete from 09:30 to 12:30. This is to enable the runs organised by Jogging Made Easy to take place in relative safety. Lexden Road will also be closed on Sunday but that is for UK Power Networks installing a power supply.
Important things to note:
- the 66 Bus will still be running down Lexden Road as usual,
- residents can still gain access to their property from either end of Lexden Road,
- marshalls will be controlling traffic flows throughout the period of closure.
Along Lexden Road the competitors will be running only between Orpen Close and Hall Road. This will mean that access for stall holders and visitors cars will be possible from the Chapel Road end of Lexden Road to the Fete, just tell those manning the Chapel Road barrier you’re going to the Fete and they’ll let you through.
Sunday Closure Update
We have learnt that the Sunday closure will only be for around 40 metres at the Colchester Road end of Lexden Road. The rest of the road will be open as usual with an official diversion route in place via Chapel Road and Colchester Road.
We expect buses to divert via Lexden Road / Mumford Road / Chapel Road.