This West Bergholt Neighbourhood Plan was adopted by the Council following a referendum held on 19th September 2019. Residents voted in favour with 862 people (94% of voters) in favour and 59, (6%) against. The turnout was 41% of the electorate. Minute ref 19/132. The plan was adopted by Colchester Borough Council on 16th October 2019 (minute ref 19/148).
The West Bergholt Neighbourhood Plan
The Plan and its supporting background documents were prepared
following significant public consultation by a Steering Group, reporting to
West Bergholt Parish Council.
Appendix 1 – Maps
- Key Views (CA7);
- Local Green Spaces (PP4);
- Character Area (PP5);
- New Settlement Boundary with Development Areas (PP9);
- Coalescence (PP12).
Appendix 2 – Supporting Documents
- List of Planning Policies;
- Schedule of Local Green Spaces;
- Photos of views related to Map CA7;
- Deliverability letters relating to Sites A & B;
- Consultation Report on Surveys carried out at key stages of WB Neighbourhood Plan;
- CBC West Bergholt HRA Screening;
- CBC West Bergholt SEA Screening;
- Sports Site Analysis;
- Action Plan & List of Community Ambitions;
- Infrastructure List;
- CBC Settlement Boundary Review final June 2017;
- Report on the Assessment of Potential Housing Sites;
- West Bergholt Village Appraisal 1995;
- Parish Plan 2008;
- Village Design Statement Dec 2011;
- RCCE Community Profile of West Bergholt;
- RCCE Housing Needs Survey 2015;
- West Bergholt Position Statement;
- WBNP Consultation Statement;
- Responses to Regulation 14 Consultation;
- West Bergholt Basic Conditions Statement December 2018.
How we got here
The following webpages are now redundant but left online for historic reference.