Annual Parish Meeting
Every English parish must hold a parish meeting. The Annual Parish Meeting is held for local government electors registered in the parish and, if present, the Chairman of the Parish Council (or Vice-Chairman in his absence) must preside. The meeting must assemble annually between 1st March and 1st June (both inclusive) and proceedings must not begin before 6 pm. These are the statutory requirements as set out in the Local Government Act 1972.
In practical terms, the Annual Parish Meeting provides an opportunity for residents to discuss what matters to them without the time constraints of a Parish Council meeting. It also allows local clubs and organisations to update the parish on their recent achievements.
An agenda is published in advance of the meeting and will be linked from here:
West Bergholt Parish Council publishes their Annual Report at the Annual Parish Meeting:
- Annual Report 2018/2019.
- Annual Report 2017/2018.
- Annual Report 2016/2017.
- Annual Report 2015/2016.
- Annual Report 2014/2015.
- Annual Report 2013/2014.
- Annual Report 2012/2013.
The meeting provides a chance for the Parish Council to show residents it’s main achievements for the year:
The minutes for the meeting remain in draft form until approved at the following year’s meeting:
- DRAFT Minutes for Annual Parish Meeting held on 24th April 2019.
- Minutes for Annual Parish Meeting held on 25th April 2018.
- Minutes for Annual Parish Meeting held on 26th April 2017.
- Minutes for Annual Parish Meeting held on 23rd March 2016.
- Minutes for Annual Parish Meeting held on 25th March 2015.
- Minutes of Annual Parish Meeting held on 21st May 2014.
- Minutes of Annual Parish Meeting held on 24th April 2013.