Election of one Borough Councillor for the Lexden & Braiswick Ward
Information you need, with deadlines, for those wanting to:
- register to vote,
- apply to become a candidate, or
- arrange postal or proxy votes,
…in the Borough By-Election taking place on 28th July 2022:
- Nomination papers must be submitted to the Returning Officer, Town Hall, High Street, Colchester CO1 1PJ on any day from this notice, on Mondays to Fridays between 9.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, 1st July 2022.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, at the address stated above. Nomination forms are also available online: www.colchester.gov.uk/elections
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 28th July 2022.
- New applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on Thursday 12th July 2022.
- New applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 13th July 2022.
- New applications, amendments or cancellations of proxy votes at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 20th July 2022.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on grounds of either physical incapacity or absence in relation to occupation, employment or service occurring after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 20th July 2022 must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on Thursday, 28th July 2022.
Applications to register to vote, emergency proxies and applications for an absent vote can be submitted by: