Environment & Highways – 8th October 2020

Environment Report 9th July 2020

Environment & Highways – 8th October 2020

The Environment & Highways Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met via Zoom on 8th October 2020 and discussed:

  • Handymen & storage needs,
  • Village ponds, rain refilling them,
  • Playground access path,
  • Seasonal activities,
  • Strategic Environmental Plan, and
  • Football Club.

Environment & Highways Report

Committee Meeting held on Thursday 8th October 2020 via Zoom

Committee members present John Gili Ross, Phil Spencer, David Short, Norma Smith, Jenny Church, Murray Harlow – apologies for lateness.
Apologies Harry Stone.

 

1.

Handyman Report

  Essex devolved activity continues. Matt and David continue with on-going activities. Nigel is away at the moment.
  Grass cutting for autumn and winter is ongoing.
  Workshop has been tidied up. Storage can be a problem. One suggestion is to create additional storage to accommodate BYG equipment – need to consider access. John and Phil to review this requirement. JGR & PS
  A heavy truck is causing damage by junction of Colchester Road and Nayland road near White Hart – will need monitoring.

2.

Village Ponds

  Queen’s Road pond filled with recent rain. The dogwood and willow need pruning.
  Lexden Road pond – gradually refilling – water is clear.
  Hall Road pond- Contacted TCV but they are busy until the New Year. Plan needed for future work here.

3.

Playground Access Path

  Andrew is investigating availability of grants – awaiting decision from Finance. David will investigate the granite path further, is due to meet with Arches to inspect a similar path which they have laid in the past and will report back in due course. DS

4.

Autumn Flailing

  Booked for 26th October with a farmer from Eight Ash Green. David Short will accompany him and monitor the work. Handymen will be asked to put a rope ring round the heather on Heathlands as protection. PS

5.

Water container for use by handymen

  Phil will investigate a container that will fit on the trailer. PS

6.

Strategic Environmental Plan

  Work is in progress – will be circulated when completed. PS

7.

Football Club

  The football club are requesting to have a gazebo for use as changing room for away teams. Various suggestions were made – use of hard standing in front of Orpen players lock-up but there needs to be more investigation. John and Phil to meet with Mick Bell and Terry Smith. JGR

8

Date of next meeting – Thursday 12th November at 5pm.