Environment & Highways – 6th September 2018

Environment & Highways – 6th September 2018

The Environment & Highways Sub-Committee of West Bergholt Parish Council met on 6th September and discussed Ponds & Duck House, proposed new bus stop at Maltings, bollards on the Heath, an outdoor gym and centenary remembrance.

Environment & Highways Report

Committee Meeting held on Thursday 6th September 2018 in Lampon Hall

Committee members present: John Gili-Ross, Philip Spencer, Murray Harlow, David Short, Jenny Church
Apologies: Harry Stone, Janet Crichton

 

1.

Items from last meeting

a) Duck House repaired and replaced.
b) Playground equipment – spinner replacement and wooden supports on order. Wooden climbing frame to come down when a digger is available. Laura is organising a Playground Advisory Group from interested parents. John will sit in on the meeting. Assess what equipment would be useful in the future. Sportsafe are coming to give a quote on equipment that might be required.

Proposed to set up a Safety Assessment Group – David volunteered for this. He will need to attend a course on this and then we will be able to do some of own safety assessments.

DS
c) Ponds – Queens Head Pond – develop some hedging around the west side of the pond from the current growth. The pond will need dredging and spoil removing – David has a quote for £3630.

Phil and David to produce draft drawings of requirements to present to Finance Committee with summary of figures. Tree and Lawn Co. have quoted for work needed currently.

Landscape Services have quoted for annual clearing of ponds.

Queen’s Road pond – evidence of rats – Laura to contact CBC Pest control and local pest control.

Hall Road pond is full of winter Plantain which dies down in the winter.

DS/PS/ LW
d) Storage unit – ramp to be completed. Storage area for salt is in progress.
e) Handymen work schedule – Phil and Harry will monitor while John is away.  The list of jobs is on What’s App. and on the whiteboard in the garage. HS /PS
f) Cleaning of street furniture is on the list.
g) 30mph signs in Bures Road need repair – pending.
h) Proposed new bus stop at Maltings is with the Local Highways Panel.
i) Trees on Lorkin Daniell field – overhanging branches need attention. Tree and Lawn Co. to be asked for a quote.
j) There is a leaking drain in Chapel Lane – Anglia Water is aware of this.
k) Bollards on the Heath from entrance at New Church Road will need checking and replacing as necessary. Phil will get a quote. PS
l) Outdoor Gym – David is investigating this. Propose this goes on the PC agenda for discussion. Agenda Item
m) WW1 memorial – 11.11.18 – plan to light the Beacon. John is organising the beacon and David has agreed to be in charge of lighting it. JGR/

DS

Date of next meeting – Wednesday 10th October 2018 at 5.30pm