Day 23 of Lockdown
Day 23 and the sun continued to shine down on us. Wonderful with a bit of a but. Each year our popular Hillhouse Wood becomes an attraction as the spring flowers create carpets of colour. The paths, though, are rather narrow and social distancing will become a problem if the same numbers come along this year.
If you are not a local resident can you please put off your visit until next year when, all being well, there will be no lockdown. In other news:
- Old Church Refurb delayed again,
- Essex Resilience Forum update,
- Pharmacy thank you, and
- Some Light Relief.
The last update on this project left us with the conservators planning how to deal with the Mediaeval Paintings discovered during refurbishment works. Well, the plan now is to complete the refurbishment of the interior walls but leaving the paintings as they are for now with conservation work still to be planned. The general wall refurb work was due to have started on 16th March but COVID-19 put paid to that.
Essex Resilience Forum
We’ve reported on this group previously; they are at the forefront of civil planning for Essex during the COVID-19 crisis and are led by the Chief Constable & Deputy Chief Fire Officer. In this weeks briefing, they highlight a number of their activities that will have a bearing on the area.
- They are launching a new prescriptions delivery service to support those vulnerable people with no family or friends able to help.
- East of England Ambulance Service is now getting support from 16 Medical Regiment.
- Colchester Hospital is now offering Outpatient Consultations via Videoconferencing.
Thank You Pharmacy
This was noticed on the wall at the Pharmacy today, sometimes little things count for a lot.