The following dates have been advised to us from St Mary’s, note italicised services are not at St Mary’s.
- Tuesday 12 April:
- 11:00am – Village Communion Service at St Mary’s, West Bergholt;
- 8:00pm – Home Group @ 143 Chapel Road;
Our Home Groups are recommencing after the Easter break. Michael’s Home Group is back on Tuesday 12 April @ 8pm at Richard & Dorothy’s house, when they will continue studying the Psalms. Rachel’s Home Group will be the following week on Thursday 21 April @ 10am.
- Saturday 16 April – 15am – 4pm Prayer Ministry Training Day in church
- Sunday 17 April
- 8am said Communion, St Mary’s, Langham;
- 30am Family Service, St Peter’s, Boxted;
- 11:15am – Holy Communion Service led by Mandy Elmes (+ BUGS);
- 15am Morning Praise, St John’s, Gt Horkesley;
- 3:00pm Afternoon Tea to celebrate the Queen’s 90th Birthday at Methodist Church Hall, Chapel Lane.
For the older members of our community. Particularly if you are elderly, living alone and not fortunate enough to have family and/or friends living nearby this could be for you. You are warmly invited to an Afternoon Tea with folk in a similar situation to yourself. We will provide transport to pick you up from your home, bring you to the tea and return you to your home when the tea has finished.
If you, a neighbour or someone else you know, would like to come to the tea please speak to the person who gave you this invitation or phone Judith Fletcher (01206 241969) or Andrew Wilks (01206 242511). If you can let us know you are coming it will help with our arrangements.
- Thursday 21 April:
- 9:00am Open house;
- 10:00am Rachel Hutching’s home group;
- 30pm 5Ts
- Saturday 23 April – 12.45pm Senior’s Lunch
We haven’t had many takers yet for the lunch so please could you spread the word and encourage people to book their place with Murray. Also, Murray & Kate need people to make puddings please. If you can help, please contact Murray Harlow on 07989 720256.
- Sunday 24 April:
- 8am said communion, All Saints’ Gt Horkesley;
- 30am Morning Worship;
- 30am communion, St Mary’s, Langham;
- 15am Service 4All, All Saints’ Gt Horkesley;
- 6pm Evensong, Boxted
- May 15 – 21 – Christian Aid week
- Sunday 29 May – 9:30am – Joint 3 Parishes Service
- Sunday 12 June – West Bergholt Open Gardens
Our Church will again be a refreshment stop for the garden visitors and Nicole would like to ask for your help with this. Last time we had far more people than was expected and Dorothy who helped Nicole, didn’t even get away to see any gardens! So this time she would like to have 3 or 4 others who could do an hour each (from 12.30 to 5.30) of making/serving tea and selling programmes. Also we will need home-made cakes to serve. The Church will get a £100 donation from the organisers for our efforts. There will be a display entitled Bible Gardens in the Church.
All offers of help to Nicole Long please.
email [antibot [email protected]] or phone 240443
Sunday Bible Readings
- Sun 17 April – John 10:22-30 – the unbelief of the Jews
- Sun 24 April – John 13:31-35 – Jesus predicts Peter’s denial